Electricity is the energy par excellence in our homes. It is used for practically all the activities that we develop at home. This constant presence can make us underestimate its danger. The children of the house are exposed to these possible risks given their ignorance. It is imperative that all children and especially about forming from small, the security power is what this post-treated.
Recommendations To Avoid Electrical Accidents
It is interesting that electrician Richmond establish this post a series of recommendations/tips to prevent electrical accidents in the home, and we encourage the reader to put into practice at least five of all the electrical safety tips that will be related in this post.
- If at home there are domestic animals such as hamsters, cats, dogs (puppies), great care should be considered not to bite the electric cables to which these animals may have access. Remember that electrical wires are no longer isolated if they lack plastic coating, in this case, people will no longer be separated from electricity.
- The children of the house should be taught that they should never touch the visible copper (metal) part of the cables or other devices. Also, they should know that they never have to pull the cord to unplug an electrical device
- Keep the water away, do not allow the contact of water with electricity. Water is a good ally of heat, circulates very well for it. For example, if a power outlet (socket outlet) has gotten wet while you have an appliance plugged in, do not unplug it under any circumstances, first cut the electric current of the whole house and then remove the cable from the plug and let it dry completely. Until you make sure it is suitable to be used again, do not use the appliance again.
- Cover plug sockets to prevent children from inserting objects into plugs or their fingers. Do not leave any plug without this protection, in the market, and you can find different types and models.
- Do not overload the plugs, avoid the use of multiple overloaded adapters. Sometimes people connect several appliances to a single outlet using an adapter; this is correct as long as it does not cross the amount of electricity that the adapter can support. Otherwise, the adapter will be heated until it can get to burn.
- Electrical repairs in our home must be carried out by a qualified electrician. Any electrical repair or renovation that must be done at home must be done by a certified electrician.
- In the downspouts of the water installation, it is strictly forbidden to connect electric cables of any kind. It would be very dangerous if the water in the plant were in contact with electricity.
- Never insert any object into a socket or touch it directly with a wet hand because there is a danger of electrocution.
- It is important to note that special attention should be paid is the disconnection of the apparatus electrical, such as dryers, heaters, etc. regarding the electrical network when we have finished using them.
- In the same way, there is no need to leave any extension cable with electrical voltage when there is no device plugged into it.
The base of the plug is a critical element of the electrical security of our home; we must pay more attention because it is distributors of electrical current with which electrical devices are connected throughout the home. As for the places or spaces of the house in which the electrical devices could come into contact with the water, safe switches should be used in the kitchen, bathrooms, garages. The same happens if you have equipment such as swimming pools, jacuzzis, power tools or gardening equipment (lawn mower, brush cutter, etc.).